Summer in Colossae - Colossians 3:18-21
Pastor Mike Hodges
It is a command.
Embitter – to make bitter = antagonism, hostility, resentful, cynical
How does discipline work to be effective for a child?
A few things to keep into perspective: I was not a perfect parent. I cannot go into depth. Children are different. Your children have already developed.
- You should be your child’s biggest cheerleader.
- Affirm their abilities.
- Encourage diversity.
- Yield to their interests.
- Celebrate even the smallest successes.
- Failure is not a permanent condition.
- Do what you say.
- Set a good example.
- Follow through.
- Don’t make excuses.
- Be careful what you say.
- Make the discipline fit the crime.
- Think of an experience to associate with the behavior that will make a child think twice before doing it again.
- Consider the consequences of your actions.
- Try not to discipline yourself while disciplining your child.
God wants us to serve him by leading our families to know Jesus.